CAMS Media Awards
The annual CAMS Media Awards recognise members of the Australian media for individual contributions during the year.
There are five awards:
- CAMS Motor Sport Journalist of the Year
- CAMS Motor Sport Story of the Year - Print/Online
- CAMS Motor Sport Story of the Year - Radio/Television
- CAMS Motor Sport Photograph of the Year
- CAMS Motor Sport Photographer of the Year
The CAMS Media Awards are judged on the quality and impact of the nomination and its ability to present Australia motor sport and/or its participant(s) to the Australian general public.
The item of media must have been created in Australia during the relevant calendar year (1 Jan 2016 to 7 Dec 2016) and broadcast/published in Australia during that year.
The creator of the item must be an Australian resident and regarded as a member of the Australian media.
The subject material must in all cases originate from CAMS motor sport events.
- For the Journalist Award, the nomination may be for any story or stories (maximum of 3) which are published in the Australian print or on-line media.
- For the Print Report Award, the article must have been published in an Australian print publication. (entries limited to 3 per person)
- For the Electronic Report Award, the nomination may be for a news story, event coverage or 'magazine' type programme and includes radio, television and on-line. (maximum of 3 entries per individual)
- For the Photograph Award, the photograph (maximum of 3 entries per individual) must have been published in an Australian print publication or on-line media site available within Australia. The photograph must be taken in Australia.
- For the Photographer Award, the nominee must have had published during the year a number of photographs in the Australian print or on-line media. (maximum portfolio of 3 images permitted)
For Nomination forms CLICK HERE.
CAMS Media Awards
|Motor Sport Journalist & Story of the Year (Print/Online)||Stefan Bartholomaeus (V8 Supercars Eyes Bathurst 12 Hour Deal)|
|Motor Sport Photograph of the Year||John Morris|
|Motor Sport Photographer of the Year||Bruce Thomas|
|Motor Sport Story of the Year (Radio/Television)||Greg Rust (Ambrose Explains His Decision)|
|Motor Sport Story of the Year||Gordon Lomas - Speedcafe (Tribute stories - Sir Jack Brabham)|
|Motor Sport Journalist of the Year||Mark Fogarty|
|Motor Sport Photograph of the Year||Robert Cianfione|
|Motor Sport Photographer of the Year||John Morris|
|Motor Sport Story of the Year (Radio/Television)||AirTime Media (Shannons Legends Series)|
Service Award Winners
|The Late Jon Evans|
|Chris De Fraga|