The Australian Institute for Motor Sport Safety (AIMSS), a not for profit organisation, was established by the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) in 2007 and is the peak body for motor sport safety and related research in Australia.
AIMSS works in conjunction with CAMS in an advisory role and is a research partner of the FIA (Federation Internationale Automobilia) Institute for Motor Sport Safety and Sustainability to develop safety through research, education and industry liaison.
As a result of its partnership status with the FIA Institute, AIMSS works to disseminate safety breakthroughs, news and information from around the world to the Australian motor sport community.
Contributions to AIMSS helps keep Australia at the forefront of motor sport safety – benefiting CAMS members and licence holders at all levels.
Motor Sport will always be one of the greatest and most exciting challenges for man and machine. Reducing the risk of death and injury will not make it less so. In today’s society, not to manage this risk in a responsible manner is socially unacceptable and may, as it was 50 years ago, be a threat to the long term future of motor sport.
The mission of the Australian Institute for Motor Sport Safety is to be;
The Institute was founded by the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) to;
- Promote improvements in motor sport safety.
- Coordinate safety related programs of research and education and other safety initiatives.
- Promote the relationship between motor sport and road safety.
- Make representation to Government and other organisations on motor sport safety.
- the driving force for the improvement of safety in motor sport in Australia.
- Recognised by Government for its expertise in motor sport safety
The fundamental objectives of AIMSS are parallel to those of the FIA Institute, as a non regulatory body, to promote research into all aspects of motor sport safety, support the training of officials and race personnel, and monitor safety trends in order to identify research and regulation priorities.
For more, click HERE to go to the AIMSS website