The first Victorian Officials Training Session is taking place on Saturday the 1st of March from 8.30am-4pm. Event Command is the module and we encourage all Victorian Car Clubs to send along club members to take part in the training.
The main roles of the Event Command Official are as follows:
Manage the safety of those involved in the event, including General public, Spectators, Officials, Competitors, Service and pit crew. Ensure the integrity of the course, including the security of the course, road closures and ensuring there is no accidental intrusion.
Control the event, including emergencies, Maintain the event time table and program and modify as necessary, Apply CAMS Rules and Event Supp Regulations, Co-ordinate officials at the event. Manage Incidents , Ensure Emergency Plan is implemented when and if needed, Liaise with Civil Authorities, Ensure relevant permissions are obtained, Promote the event , General Public, Prospective Competitors and Officials.
In addition to these general roles, are roles which are specific to each discipline.
This module is designed to provide officials in either Circuit, Rally, Off-Road or Motorkhana.
The Competencies for this module are:
1. Perform the event command functions as expected of an event command official in a motor sport team environment.
2. Utilise interpersonal and communication skills relevant to event command officiating roles
3. Identify motor sport risks and manage them accordingly
4. Apply regulations and NCRs relevant to motor sport events
5. Identify the judicial issues impacting on motor sport
The training is free and will be presented by a number of CAMS highly experienced officials. Training will take place at the CAMS National Office, 851 Dandenong Road, Malvern East.
Registration is essential and can be confirmed by contacting Jay Seater on 03 9593 7740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following dates are also confirmed for Officials Training in 2014, please register an expression of interest:
- Event Administration – 3rd April
- Silver Module – 26th April & 3rd of May
- Club Chief – 31st May
- General & Circuit Official + Communications – 14th June
- Scrutiny (Sandown) – 12th & 13th July
- Event Assessor – 3rd and 10th of July