CAMS Australian Official of the Year - Instituted 1996
The Australian Motor Sport Official of the Year award recognises outstanding achievement as a motor sport official at CAMS authorised events, or within a CAMS affiliated club or activity.
A nominee for the Australian Motor Sport Official of the Year Award must be a member who has demonstrated dedication to their role, skill and knowledge in their chosen field, positive attitude, and peer recognition.
- The Australian Motor Sport Official of the Year Award will ordinarily be bestowed on those who give their time voluntarily and serve the sport in an honorary capacity;
- This requirement does not exclude those who are employed in motor sport and serve it in a different capacity as a volunteer; nor does it exclude persons who receive a nominal honorarium or who are in receipt of out of pocket expenses;
- The Australian Motor Sport Official of the Year Award will not be made to a serving Director of CAMS;
- The award need not be the result of activity in the year of nomination;
- This award is open to all CAMS authorised motor sport disciplines, licence categories and grades.
|1998||Lawrie Schmitt OAM|