2017 Affiliations are now open - Enthusiast & Sporting
BECOMING AFFILIATED WITH CAMS
In order to become affiliated with the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS), your club must firstly submit an application to the relevant CAMS State Office or CAMS Member Services Team.
Each application for affiliation should contain:-
- Club's current consitution & by-laws (containing the club's objects)
- Completed affiliation application form, ensuring each section is completed
- Verification of club's legal status (e.g. Certificate of Incorporation)
- Payment of requisite affiliation fees
If your club wishes to affiliate & does not have all the abovelisted items, please contact your local CAMS State Office to discuss this matter further, as club's can still apply to affiliate, however, some additional documentation may be required to be submitted.
Under the CAMS Constitution, approval of affiliation lies with the CAMS State Councils, so once you have submitted the relevant paperwork on behalf of your club (referred to above), your club's affiliation status will be detemined at the next meeting of the State Council where your club falls under the jurisdiction of (e.g. Queensland based club affiliations are subject to confirmation by the Queensland State Council of CAMS).
BENEFITS OF AFFILIATION
Some of the benefits that clubs affiliated with CAMS include:-
- Access to CAMS' Sport and Club Development Officers in each jurisdiction, to service and support clubs.
- Upskilling members of your club by providing access to business planning resources, club workshops, volunteer and governance training.
- Officials' training modules offered to member clubs covering risk management, safety, emergency response and many aspects of event management and control.
- Attracting new members through CAMS-supported participation programs including come & try days and Junior Development Programs.
- Retaining members by providing access to competitions of all levels.
- Assistance with locating funding programs & application processes.
- Representation of member clubs to government in all matters relating to motoring laws, regulations and programs.
- Event promotion in CAMS state and national calendars (online and hard copy).
- Promotional support for selected events or other club activities.
CAMS has a range of affiliation packages available for both Sporting and Enthusiast car clubs.
CAMS defines a 'Sporting' club as a competitive car club looking to host motor sport events, as well as having the ability for club members to hold a CAMS competitive licence. A sporting car club is also eligible to receive voting rights* at the CAMS State Councils.
The 'Enthusiast' club package is designed for those clubs that are only interested in staging social / non-competitive activities. Enthusiast clubs are only permitted to apply for social events, and as such, are not recognised as a valid club for competitor's competition licences.
The cost of affiliation depends on the package type (Sporting or Enthusiast) and the number of members your club has. For more information on our packages please contact us at [email protected] or 1300 883 959.
*To have voting rights a club must meet the minimum requirements as specified in the CAMS General Regulations, which can be found HERE.
Click here for the Enthusiast Affiliation Application Form.
Click here for the Sporting Affiliation Application Form.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CAMS AFFILIATION? Email us at [email protected] or call us 1300 883 959