What is an Observed Licence Test (OLT)?
An OLT is a test of practical skill, where CAMS approved instructors observe you under modified race conditions.
Successfully completing the OLT is a critical component of receiving your racing licence. It gives you the opportunity to show you have a basic understanding and knowledge of manoeuvring a vehicle at high speeds to ensure the safety of both yourself, and others including drivers, officials and spectators.
Prior to Booking in for an OLT
- Step 1: Submit a Licence Application Form (with a completed Medical where required from any GP) to CAMS Member Service ([email protected])
- Step 2: Once you submit you licence application, CAMS member services will send you an email with an online lecture to complete. You will also be issued with a Pre-Licence Authority (PLA). The PLA allows you to participate in an OLT to complete your licence.
Rally, Off Road and Superkart OLTs
|Discipline||Licence Types||OLT Requirements|
|Off Road||NO, NOJ||
|Rally||NR, CR, NRJ||
|VIC||Friday 2nd March 2018||Sandown||[email protected]||CEE|
|VIC||Friday 20th July 2018||Sandown||[email protected]
|VIC||Friday 9th November 2018||Sandown||[email protected]||CEE|
|SA||State Race Meetings||Mallala||Register for a race meeting|
|QLD||State Race Meetings||Morgan Park||[email protected]|
|WA||State Race Meetings||
(08) 9306 8022
(08) 9734 7477
|TAS||State Race Meetings||
*OLT Private Providers: For a list of third-party providers in Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales click here.
*Please be aware that OLT’s which are not conducted at an official CAMS permitted event are not sanctioned or conducted by CAMS, even where conducted by a CAMS approved OLT provider. OLT applicant’s at such events are not covered by CAMS insurance and it is the responsibility of each OLT applicant to assume the risk of participating in that activity. CAMS assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage which may be suffered by an OLT applicant as a result of their participation.
Obtaining a PC without completing OLT
To obtain a PC licence without completing an OLT you must have completed either (only CAMS events)
- 5 super sprints or regularity within 2 years
- Two tarmac rally events within two years
- Or hold a AKA B Grade licence or higher or hold a CAMS NSK/ISKC licence.
If you have done the above, send your application and a copy of your 5 results (off Natsoft or similar) to our member service team ([email protected]) and state that it is to go towards your application. After which you will need to complete the online circuit lecture which will be forwarded to you.
NOTE: to obtain NC after your receive your PC you will need to complete 3 race meets and track side participation.