Four Australians have been represented in the top ten of the FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championship World Final for 2018, after the final event of the year took place in Tokyo.
Thirty of the world’s top Asia-Oceania GT Sport racers battled to qualify for outright honours, before the final ten commenced battle in the final double-points race.
Japan’s Ryota Kokubun (Akagi_1942mi) was victorious in the Asia-Oceania Championship Final, starting the race from third to advance through the field to win the race and title.
Cody Nikola Latkovski (Nik_Makozi) was the best placed Australian in fifth position and 26 points to his name.
Matthew Simmons (MINT_GTR), Adam Wilk (Adam_2167) and Daniel Holland (TRL_holl01) were also inside the top ten.
Online Qualifying for the VSR Showdown is now open until 14 October, with the top 18 to advance to the final and the chance to win a test day aboard an Australian Formula 4 car.
FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championship – Nations Cup – Asia-Oceania Final – Top 10
1. Ryota Kokubun – Akagi_1942mi: 44
2. Tomoaki Yamanaka – yamado_racing38: 38
3. Kai Hin Jonathan Wong – saika159: 38
4. Shogo Yoshi – gilles_honda_v12: 26
5. Cody Nikola Latkovski – Nik_Makozi: 22
6. Yuki Shirakawa – yukiku: 20
7. Yat Lam Law – NegiFISH_NaF: 15
8. Matt Simmons – MINT_GTR: 12
9. Adam Wilk – Adam_2167: 11
10. Daniel Holland – TRL_holl01: 6
Published: 12 October, 2018