The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) is offering young motor sport enthusiasts the opportunity to be a part of the 2012 V8 Supercars Sydney Telstra 500 Officials Team.
The 2012 Young Officials Program aims to introduce motor sport enthusiasts between the ages of 16 and 25 to the world of motor sport officiating. The successful applicants will be trained in a safe and supportive environment supervised by some of the world’s best motor sport officials. This is a great opportunity to get involved in one of the biggest events on the Australian motor sport calendar.
This new & exciting program offers successful applicants:
- The opportunity to officiate trackside during V8 Supercars Practice, Qualifying and Racing. Learn from the best in the business during other exciting categories; including the Carrera Cup, V8 Utes and Australian GT.
- V8 Supercars apparel and race day pack (including food each day).
- One guest pass for all three days of action, for friends and family.
- CAMS Young Officials Program merchandise
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 16 and 25.
- Be available to officiate at the Sydney Motor Sport Park Circuit, 22nd and 23rd September.
- This will be an introduction to Motor Sport officiating and will give you some experience and initial training before officiating at the V8 Supercars event.
- Be available to officiate at the Sydney Olympic Park Circuit, 30th Nov – 2nd Dec, 2012 between the hours of 6am and 6:30pm.
- Be an enthusiastic team player, willing to take direction and listen to instructions.
- Have written consent from a parent or guardian (for applicants under 18).
There are 20 places available. To be considered for a position at the final round of the 2012 V8 Supercars season, follow the link below and complete the online entry form by no later than Friday 14th September, 2012.
Good luck and we hope to see you at the 2012 V8 Supercars Sydney Telstra 500!
If you have any questions, contact Simon Lakeman 0428 397 560 [email protected]