A safety cage structure approved by an ASN other than CAMS is not necessarily eligible for competition in Australia. Prior to importing a vehicle or safety cage kit, a competitor is strongly advised to contact the CAMS Technical Department for guidance.
For such a safety cage to be considered, a full copy of the certificate shall be provided to the CAMS Technical Department by the applicant. Certifcates are available (normally at a cost) from the ASN who certified the cage.
The certificate generally includes (depending on the ASN and year the certificate was issued):
- The Manufacturer's details
- The make and model of the vehicle/s the cage is certified to be installed in
- Drawing of front 3/4 view of the complete structure
- Details of structure (configuration and materials of the basic structure)
- Photos of the structure
- Installation sheet signed by the Manufacturer
Any additional information required will be the responsibility of the applicant to produce.