The process for applying for a Certificate of Description and Historic logbook is as follows:
- Complete a Certificate of Description application form (pdf)
- Document the history of the vehicle, past ownership and competition history
- Obtain photographs of the vehicle as specified on the application form
- Complete the relevant Safety Cage form (if applicable)
- Contact an Historic Eligibility Officer to arrange an inspection of the vehicle (pdf)
- Contact an approved Scrutineer to arrange a pre-race inspection and audit (pdf)
- Submit the completed application, photographs, safety cage paperwork, relevant information relating to ownership and competition history, any existing logbooks and payment to CAMS.
Please allow a minimum 6-8 weeks for your application to be processed.
Tier 1 Historic Certificate of Description
Group A & C: 2001cc and over/ or turbocharged
Group Q: 2001cc and over/ or turbo/ super charged
Group R: 2001cc and over/ or turbo/ super charged
App J: 2001cc and over/ or turbocharged
Series Production: 2001cc and over/ or turbocharged
Tier 2 Historic Certificate of Description
Group A & C: up to and including 2000cc
Group Q: up to and including 2000cc
Group R: up to and including 2000cc
Group M: all
Group O: all
Group P: all
Group T: all
Group U: all
App J: up to and including 2000cc
Series Production: up to and including 2000cc
Improved Production: up to and including 2000cc
Tier 3 Historic Certificate of Description
Group J: all
Group K: all
Group L: all
Formula Ford: all
Formula Vee: all
A fee will apply for the issue of Temporary Permits to compete if required within 6 weeks of submitting an application for COD. Temporary Permits to Compete will be issued at the sole discretion of the HEC/HPBEC Chairman. The application for a Temporary Permit can be found here.
Component Substitution Request:
As per 3.6.4 of the 5th Category section of the CAMS Manual of Motor Sport (Component substitution criteria) if a component is no longer available or available only at an exorbitant cost a competitor may request a component substitution. The application for a Component Substitution is available here.
If you wish to apply for an upgrade to an existing COD, please refer to the Graded COD Guidelines to ensure your vehicle meets the minimum requirements.
If your vehicle meets the minimum requirements, please complete a COD Upgrade form and attach any relevant information and photographs to support your application.
The fee for an upgrade is shown in Schedule of Fees (Appendix R).
Please allow a minimum 6 - 8 weeks for your application to be processed. Upgrades will be issued at the sole discretion of the HEC/HPBEC Chairman.