CAMS Peter Brock Medal
Launched in 2011, the Peter Brock Medal is awarded annually to a driver who has shown similar characteristics to the late Peter Brock AM. The award recognises outstanding driver ability and commitment to the positive endorsement of motor sport within the greater community.
Nominees must have demonstrated outstanding driver ability whilst displaying a fair and sportsmanlike attitude, respect for authority, and support, encouragement and motivation of and for their peers, as well as a willingness and capacity to promote the sport in the wider community.
- Nominees must be Australian citizens and hold a current CAMS licence at the time of competition
- All disciplines within the sport are eligible to be considered for this award
- The Peter Brock Medal may not be bestowed on a serving Director of CAMS
- Whilst there is no age limit, it is likely that the successful candidate would be between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- The Peter Brock Award Selection Committee is reviewed annually and generally consists of a member of the Brock Family, a former Australian Touring Car Champion, a former Australian Rally Champion, a representative from the media and a member of the CAMS Honours and Awards Committee.
- The committee reviews all submissions and makes its recommendation to the CAMS Board for its approval.
CAMS nominations for the Peter Brock medal close 30 September each year and can be submitted in writing, via the nomination form attached to the link below.
|2016||Mark Webber AO|
|2012||Craig Lowndes OAM|
The Late Jason Richards